SaskWater and Unifor Ratify New Collective Agreement
November 15, 2019
Today, SaskWater announced that Unifor has voted in favour of ratifying a new collective agreement.
“We are pleased to hear that our employees represented by Unifor have ratified this agreement. Thank you to everyone involved in the bargaining process, both management and union members, for their commitment and professionalism,” said Doug Matthies, SaskWater President. “The new agreement allows us to continue as a team in our commitment to our customers.”
Unifor concluded voting on November 13, 2019. The current collective agreement expired on December 31, 2017. The new agreement will be for a six-year term ending December 31, 2023.
Highlights of the new agreement include:
- Effective January 1, 2018, annual pay increase of zero per cent
- Effective January 1, 2019, annual pay increase of zero per cent
- Effective January 1, 2020, annual pay increase of one per cent
- Effective January 1, 2021, annual pay increase of two per cent
- Effective January 1, 2022, annual pay increase of two per cent
- Effective January 1, 2023, annual pay increase of two per cent
- To acknowledge that employees experienced hardship during the 17-day labour disruption, active-full time employees will receive four days’ pay and full time employees who worked in essential positions during the strike will receive a pro-rated number of days pay.
- SaskWater will amend bereavement leave such that in-scope employees can charge one additional day of bereavement leave against accrued sick leave credit.
- SaskWater will increase the benefit of its Wellness & Health Policy by $50 for a total of $250 for each employee in 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023.
SaskWater is Saskatchewan’s commercial Crown water utility, helping communities, First Nations and industry gain access to safe, reliable and sustainable water and wastewater services. SaskWater provides professional services to 63 communities, 10 rural municipalities, 81 rural pipeline groups, 17 industrial and 242 commercial and domestic end-user customers.
For more information, please contact:
Manager, Corporate Communications