SaskWater – CGFPC Non-potable Water Supply System Project – Feasibility Study
SaskWater is currently conducting a feasibility study for a non-potable water supply system to service Canada Golden Fortune Potash Corporation's (CGFPC) proposed potash mine, Broadview Project, located approximately 12 km south of Grenfell, SK in the RM of Chester No. 125. The project includes the following components:
- Well field ground water supply source in the RM of Elcapo No. 154;
- A 38 km pipeline from the well field ground water supply source to the proposed potash mine in the RM of Chester No. 125; and
- A booster station located at approximately half the distance of the pipeline.
SaskWater is currently undergoing a feasibility study which includes selecting a pipeline route. In developing route options, SaskWater considers:
- The lowest overall social, environmental and heritage impacts;
- Economic impact related to construction as well as operations and maintenance costs;
- Build long term relationships with landowners;
- Obtain general acceptance from impacted stakeholders; and
- Provide reliable service to its customer
SaskWater considers stakeholder engagement and public involvement critical to the success of any project. Seeking input from local and regional municipal and rural municipal officials, landowners, Indigenous communities, and other affected and/or potentially affected stakeholders is an important initial step in the feasibility study process. We will be conducting a variety of meetings, and community information sessions/open houses during the feasibility study.
SaskWater's proposed pipeline will also undergo environmental surveys and development of a plan to avoid and mitigate impacts to rare and endangered species, environmentally sensitive areas such as wetlands or native prairie, and heritage resources. A Technical Project Proposal will be submitted to the Ministry of Environment in accordance with The Environmental Assessment Act.
- Conduct Feasibility Study
- Submit Technical Project Proposal
- Environmental Approvals
- Begin Construction
- Complete Construction
- Operation & Maintenance
Project open houses were held in Grenfell and Broadview on August 1 and August 2, 2018. The information presented at the open houses can be viewed here. Another open house was held in Grenfell on October 29, 2018 and that information can be viewed here.
For more information on this project, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306-694-3098.